The first private University in Cross River State with a reputable centre in the production of globally competitive, morally sound and practically-oriented graduates for outstanding impact on global socio-economic development efforts.
Arthur Jarvis University (AJU) was founded by Sir Arthur Jarvis Archibong (KSJI) to actualize his dream of contributing to educational service delivery in Cross River State and Nigeria.
The University was granted a license in November 2016 by Federal Government of Nigeria to operate as a tertiary institution. The University commenced academic activities on March 6, 2017 with fifteen degree Programmes in two Faculties (Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences; and Faculty of Humanities, Management and Social Sciences).
The overall goal of Arthur Jarvis University (AJU) is to have a unique tertiary institution where a new generation of Nigerians will be provided with the much needed qualified, competent, skilled and conscientious science and technical manpower that shall steer the country towards sustainable development. The development and use of a Strategic Plan as a prerequisite for actualizing this goal is inevitable.
The single-campus University is located on a hill, surrounded by a stream at Ikot Efanga, Akpabuyo Local Government Area of Cross River State. The campus occupies a land area that is slightly more than ninety nine hectares (approx. 99.17 ha). The terrain is surrounded by an evergreen forest comprising near-pristine riparian forest and extensive oil palm estates.
1. Prof. Bassey Asuquo -- Chairman
2. Edidem Ekpo Okon Abasi Otu Obong of Calabar -- Member
3. Prof. Benjamin Ajuiwe Eheazu -- Member
4. Rev. Fr. (Prof.) Boniface Enyeribe Nwigwe -- Member
5. Sir William Archibong -- Member
6. Barrister Barbara Ukpabi -- Member
7. Mrs. Vivinne Ekanem Ijomah -- Member
8. Dr. Joe Duke -- Member
1. Prof. Ekenem Ikpi Braide -- Pro-Chancellor -- Chairman
2. Prof. Ani Nkang -- Vice-Chancellor -- Member
3. Prof. Ngozi Fidelia Obasi -- Member
4. Prof. Celestine Bassey -- Member
5. Brig. Gen. Anthony Ukpo(RTD) -- Member
6. Dr. Patrick Ene Okon -- Member
7. Mr. Anthony Archibong -- Member
8. Mr. Peters C. Agbafor -- Bursar -- Member
9. Mrs. Ngozi Ughas -- Ag. Registrar -- Secretary